7X Energy is always on the lookout for great talent to help us grow. Check this page often for open positions, or send us a link to your LinkedIn profile through the contact form and introduce yourself.
+-VP of Origination
7X Energy, Inc. is an innovation leader in utility-scale PV solar development for corporations, utilities, electric cooperatives, and municipalities, as well as for financial institutions seeking hedge opportunities. Our robust pipeline of projects across the United States is now approaching 6,000 MW, with several projects poised to begin construction. To accelerate our momentum, we’re looking for a seasoned project origination leader to spearhead our growth efforts both domestically and abroad. The right individual will have a track record of success designing and executing offtake agreements, coupled with strong leadership and communication skills and a healthy dose of ambition.
We prefer candidates to be based in San Francisco or Austin, though will consider well-qualified applicants based elsewhere in the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Shepherd the entire origination process, from customer identification and qualification through contract negotiation and signing
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders at prospective offtakers and with strategic partners
- Utilize channels (brokers, associations, conferences, sponsorships, board seats, etc.) to source offtake opportunities
- Evaluate and prioritize RFP solicitations and provide critical input into RFP responses
- Originate bilateral PPA targets outside of formal RFP processes
- Provide strategic guidance internally on new market opportunities
- Deliver market insights on competitive and emerging pricing and contract structures
- Provide deal structure recommendations to minimize collateral requirements and support negotiation of financing arrangements
- Remain current on regulatory/legislative trends, competitive developer efforts, and broader energy market news
- Collaborate with Marketing on designing campaigns to reach target customers
- 10+ years of overall experience in the utility, energy, or a related industry
- 5+ years of experience originating large commercial or utility-scale solar (preferred) and/or wind contracts
- 2-3 years of experience selling to corporate offtakers and negotiating PPAs
- Overseas origination experience a strong plus
- Experience with PPA transactions across multiple power markets, customers, and deal structure types
- Deep understanding of the solar industry and concepts such as basis risk, hedging, and congestion
- Advanced knowledge of power markets, customers and segments in North American PV utility-scale solar market (C&I, IPPs, IOUs, co-ops, munis, government agencies, universities)
- Strong knowledge of legal and financing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
+-Director of Development, Eastern U.S.
7X Energy, Inc. is an innovation leader in utility-scale PV solar development for corporations, utilities, electric cooperatives, and municipalities. Our robust pipeline of projects across the United States is now approaching 6,000 MW, with several projects poised to begin construction. To accelerate our momentum, we’re looking for a seasoned Director of Development to lead site acquisition, permitting and interconnection processes, primarily in PJM. The right individual will have a track record of success in these areas, coupled with strong leadership and communication skills. This position is ideally based in the eastern United States or at 7X’s headquarters in Austin, TX.
What You’ll Do
- Define and own a development strategy for the Eastern U.S.
- Structure, negotiate, and execute land acquisition and lease agreements with corporate and individual landowners
- Research permitting requirements and timelines
- Manage and submit applications
- Establish and nurture relationships with county officials, local boards, residents and other stakeholders to secure community support and obtain tax abatements, zoning approvals, and various permits
- Coordinate with third-party engineers and consultants to conduct environmental site assessments, geotechnical studies and other field work
- Assist internal teams in managing interconnection applications
- Support Origination team members in preparing relevant sections of RFP responses
- Remain current on regulatory/legislative trends in assigned territories that could affect land development
- 5+ years of experience with an energy developer (preferably utility-scale solar or wind), commercial real estate developer, or a similar background
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Strong presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Competitive salaries
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k (up to 6%)
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Discounts for personal travel, retailers, cell phone service and more
- Walk to Whole Foods, a gym, and multiple stores and restaurants from our Austin office