At 690 MWp, the Taygete Energy Project will be the largest solar project to be built in the state of Texas.
Solar energy from the Taygete facility will be sold under a multi-year fixed priced power purchase agreement, which will bring the total developed by 7X in ERCOT to over 800 MWp.
|Location||Pecos County, TX on ~2000 acres|
|Projected Capacity||690 MWp|
|Number of Modules||Approximately 900,000|
|Developer||7X Energy is the originating and sole developer and owns 100% of the equity in the project|
|Operational Timeline||Breaking ground for Phase I Q3 2019 and Phase II Q1 2020; Operational (COD) for Phase I Q1 2021 and Phase II Q2 2021|
Taygete will produce over ~1,474,308 MWh of renewable energy in its first year of operation. This equates1 to:
- Carbon sequestered by almost 783,297 acres of forest in one year
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions of almost 141,305 cars off the road for one year
- Reduction in CO2 emissions of over 116,070 homes’ electricity use for one year
- During construction the project will generate approximately 500 jobs during the peak of construction
- Over the life of the facility, Taygete will generate tens of millions of dollars of property tax revenue to the county.
1 https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator (2016 eGrid ERCOT CO2 lbs/MWh emissions factor)